.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

NaBloPoMo Update Part 1

So I have been doing a pretty good job of blogging lately, not always keeping up with anything important or really even catching up on all of those "draft" blogs that are sitting around but I have at least been slapping something together and tossing it out there.  I think I like posting everday, even if it is just something short, a rant, a link up, or something completyly off the wall and unimportant, but I also like to post about things that matter to me, or show a little about who I am.  I try to get a good mix of all of those in, but for the next few days I want to try to catch up on some of the Bloggher.com prompts that I have missed, or well maybe just up and skipped. Sadly I still won't do all of them but there are a few that I liked that I thought I might as well go ahead and post about. 

So today I am going to post 2 of the first few I plan to make up.  The next 2 I want to post about are long so they might come tomorrow, or over the weekend or well just get left in my drafts as I figure out how to say what I want to say. 
Wednesday, November 9, 2011
When was the first time that you realized that your home was not like other people’s homes?

I think there are a few things that I have realized growing up makes my home different from other peoples.

1. We eat a home made dinner together at the table whenever we can.
2. We are not aloud to eat meals in front of the TV.
3. Our house is almost always clean (well short of my room sometimes).
4. Our cars are always washed, and we wash them ourselves (yet again short of mine)
5. We didn't get allowances growing up and when we started getting part time jobs we had to save half of everything we earned.
6. We grew up reading books, playing outside, and didn't get cable or a game system until we were older.
7.  We have a lot of dishes, they always match, and we never run out of silverware or cups!

I could go on and on but moving on.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

What is your secret (or not-so-secret) passion?

My not-so-secret passion is crafting/DIYing/decorating! All of those things you need time, money and some place to do it....I mean what do I do with all my DIY's? My maybe secret passion would be event planning. I always wanted to do event planning growing up, it looks fun, you get to make people event dreams come true, and you get to be a part of making a big day/event special.



So I might of picked two of the shortest and easiest prompts but at least you learned some things!

What are your thoughts on the prompts? What makes your home different? What is your secret passion?

No comments: