.

Sunday, November 20, 2011

NaBloPoMo Update Part 2

Friday, November 18, 2011
What has been the happiest moment of your life thus far?

I would have to say that my life so far has been pretty happy and the past few days I have been tossing around different times in my life trying to think of the "happiest moment" and well I really can't pick just one.  I am sure it is easy for those who are married, or have kids and would say "Oh that's simple! The happiest moment of my life was when I looked down to the end of the church and saw my best friend and love of my life waiting to take my hand in marriage for the rest of our lives, and blah blah blah blah" or "Oh that's simple! It is the day I brought home my little bundle of joy from the hospital and she grabbed on to my finger and smiled, and so on and on and on and on". As great as the experiences both have to be, I just haven't had them yet so that leaves my list to have things like this one it:

Happiest Moments:
-When I walked into my grandmother's living room and surprised my grandpa by being home in Michigan for Thanksgiving and his birthday 2 years ago.  It was my last year of college, I had just lost my grandmother earlier in the year, and well everyone was still taking it really hard.   I left Thanksgiving early and was in Grand Rapids Michigan and in the living room before the parade was even over!  My mom was up there for a few weeks spending time with her brother, sister and my grandpa and hadn't told my grandpa I was coming because we didn't want to upset him if something came up and I couldn't make it.  So when I walked in and he saw me, he just started to cry, and then hug, and lots of hugs.  It was so great to have someone so excited to see me, so happy to have me there.  He has always been so happy to see my mom, brother, dad or I and so for it to be a surprise it was even more emotional for him, and well maybe even all of us.



Papa and I



And there is the whole family, I promise grandpa is happy he is just still crying some of those tears of joy!

-When I:

A) Found out that I was going to be able to graduate early. There had been a few things that were possible standing in the way, but then a few days before I found out that I was in face going to be graduation college a whole semester early!

B) When I was talking with friends after graduation and all the sudden my friend Lauren said "Is that Ryan?" Now this really wouldn't be that big of a deal except for that fact that Ryan was supposed to be in Korea for another week, but as I turned around there he was. He flew home early to surprise me, and man did he ever.



There may of been some tears!

-Flying in for Christmas last year, landing in CLT to find a white Christmas, and my family waiting for us! Last year would of been the first year that I wouldn't of been with my family for Christmas, and seeing as how we couldn't get time off for it to come home until the day of Christmas (thank you Korea for being ahead of the states and not behind!) so many things could of gone wrong, but everything went so right to get us home to be with family! Nothing beats seeing someone you love at the airport waiting for you after a long trip.

-When my parents told my Chris and I we were going to be getting another puppy. And then when we brought that sweet little, fuzzy, brown, milk smelling puff ball home.


-When my grandpa survived his heart attach and we learned that he was going to be ok.

-When my soccer team won state when I was little, and when my soccer team won state my senior year of high school.

-My first few weeks in Korea, and when I realized that Korean kids weren’t going to hate me!

-I could go on and on, really my life has been quite happy!

What about you? What is your happest moment? 
 
Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: