.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge- Traditions

Ok so today is the 2nd day of the Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge and it is one of my favorite topics!

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge


Tuesday November 29th: Fave holiday tradition, new or old

I have a few favorite Holiday traditions (as you can see from yesterday I really have a hard time when it comes to picking favorites).

For starters when I was younger my favorite thing about the Holidays would be going to grandma's, because not only did she have snow, but she also had Santa, family, apple dumplings, and well it was just grandmas so it was always full of LOVE. Also if you read this post (enter link when finish post) you know it has always been one of my favorite places.

In the past few years Ryan and I have made it up to Blitmore to enjoy the lights, tour the house, sip some wine, and just enjoy some time together.  This has always been something I look forward to, this year we are changing things up and heading to see the Christmas Lights, feed the reindeer, roast some marshmallows, and pet some baby goats at Hollywild. We went a few years ago with my grandparents and had a great time, so I really cannot wait to do it again.

I also always love watching Christmas movies, even better are the oldies from my childhood like Home Alone, The Santa Clause, Charlie Brown Christmas, Santa Clause Is Coming To Town, Rudolph, Miracle on 34th Street, and many more. Even better is when I can sit in the glow of Christmas lights, playing board games with Ryan, or baking Christmas cookies as we watch these.

Christmas breakfast with hash browns, biscuits and gravy and (now that Chris and I are old enough) Bloody Mary's! Then everyone getting together in the living room, passing out gifts, and then going around the room one at a time opening a gift and seeing what everyone got. I love how our family does this, I really do hate just the madness and chaos of everyone opening gifts at one time.

Another one I love that is new as of last year was decorating cookies together as a family after opening gifts.

Decorating Christmas ornaments with Ryan, we did this the first year we dated but haven't gotten to do it the past few years so I am really looking forward to doing it this year, fingers crossed we can find the time to do it.

What are your favorite holiday traditions?

P.S. I know this post needs some pictures but I am still working on finding them.

No comments: