.

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!



I am so happy to be home this Thanksgiving to be spending the time with family! I really have so much to be thankful for this year and every year!

I just wanted to start the day off with a list of 24 things I am thankful for. Sorry if you have read my past two Meaningful Monday's this is the same list, also Monday I will be adding 9 more to my list to round out the month of November.

I Am Thankful For:


1. The gym membership that my family let's me piggy back on so that I can work out and hopefully have a long healthy life.

2.  My family for not only being supportive but also supporting me at a time when I cannot support myself.

3.  Mom for always cooking, cleaning, and making our home a nice, loving place to grow up in.

4.  Dad for always coaching my soccer teams growing up and teaching me the importance of being active and how to be a good winner and a good loser.

5.  For my brother Chris who always makes it so that there is never a dull moment in this house.

6.  For little Miss. Clair who knows how to cheer me up with I am down just by poking me with her cold wet nose until I pet her and start to smile.

7. To have found a Church that I look forward to going to every week again.

8. To not have any student loans or other debts to pay off.

9. To have maybe not the best job, or even a full time job, but at least a job right now.

10. That all of my 5 senses work and I can enjoy even the littlest things to the fullest.

11. My education and the doors it has opened up.

12. That I have never had any needs that were not meet.

13. For music!

14. All the memories I have with my grandparents growing up and that they were always there to make holiday's, spring breaks, summers, and just life special!

15. Being home to spend the holiday's with my family this year.


16. To have a nice warm bed to sleep in every night, hot water to shower, and food to eat.

17. To have a family and boyfriend who love and care for me.

18. To have a few true friends who hear me when I talk, trust me to listen when they talk, pray for me, worry about me, and love me for me.

19. For the chances I have been giving in my life and for the ones that I hope are still coming.

20. For books and the fact that they can teach us so much and take us to faraway places.

21. For firefighters, cops, solders, and all those people who take on the dangerous job of protection me and my loved ones.

22. Rainy/snowy days with movies/books, a blanket, tea/wine, and just relaxing.

23. That my parents pushed and encouraged me as a child to go out and try new things.

24. That I always have clean clothes to wear.

Make sure you take a minute to stop and think of at least 1 thing you are thankful for this year!
 
Now I am off to drink Mimosas, eat breakfast, and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade with Ryan before we head over to his Grandma's for lunch and then my parents for dinner! I cannot wait for the day ahead of me, and even more so the rest of Holiday's and family time that follows!
 
What are you doing today?
 
 
Ah I almost forgot to add in that I will be watching the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving Speical.  You know the one where Charley Brown serves jelly beans and popcorn to his friends around a ping-pong table? If not you need to check it out! 
 
Just in case you were wondering how Ryan and I spent out Thanksgiving last year when we were in Korea you can read all about it here: http://bart-megan.blogspot.com/2010/11/happy-thanksgiving.html. I won't lie sometimes I kind of miss that small apartment, and just life in Korea!
 
 

1 comment:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Great list.

Happy Thanksgiving!