.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Reading Update

I have had my Kindle back for  a few weeks now, Ryan hijacked it for a week or so to read The Hangman's Daughter, and I must say I missed it tremendously! I have been reading as much as I can lately and guess it is time for another update on what I have been reading sense I never got back around to finishing the book update from February. 

First things first I finally got back into the book I was reading after a few days and finished it. 

Against All Odds (Heroes of Quantico Series, Book 1)

The book was a little slow to start and a little slow to wrap up but it wasn't bad. It has a cute story line, and most of the characters were really likable. Once I got pulled in I hated to have to put it down.

The next book I moved in to was:

A Little Magic

It turns out this book is 3 of her books all rolled into one.  I dragged myself through the first book "Spellbound" that was a little odd, its about a guy and a girl, all about Ireland, witches and well just very heavy on the magic and well just plan strange.  Sadly I would not recommend this book.

The second book in this well book, that sounds strange to say, is "Ever After" and it yet again takes place in Ireland, seems to have something to do with magic, and yet again is about a guy and a girl who seem to be falling in love.  I will let you know it goes, so far it is better than the first book, and if I have to drag myself through this book like I did the first I think I will have to pass on the third book, and that saddens me seeing as how I normally like Nora Roberts.

A book that I absolutely loved and could go on and on about is:

Fat,Forty,Fired: One Man's Frank,Funny,and Inspiring Account of Losing His Job and Finding His Life

I made the mistake of starting this book last weekend on a train trip heading to Costco and well sadly after about 30 minutes Ryan almost had to take my Kindle away as I would just burst out in random laughing and look like a crazy woman.  I laughed my way though most of this book, and even though it was odd, sometimes pointless I could not put it down, I mean I was walking home from the gym every day reading my kindle looking like a nut bag laughing.  So it was free and anyone who likes reading about fat, forty and unemployed men should check it out....well not really maybe just anyone who could use a laugh. 

I am trying to read and do a bible study with:

So Long, Insecurity: You've Been a Bad Friend to Us

And so far I like it however find if my mind is not clear I am not getting it and have to re-read it.  I have a good friend who is also reading this book with me and I look forward to getting deeper in to it and learning about myself and her. 

Sadly I am still reading this last book:

I Am America (And So Can You!)

It is a great book don't get me wrong but too much of him at one time can make you go a little crazy.

So I have many books waiting to be read and cannot wait for my beach trips in a few weeks so that I can sit on the beach and just read!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend! 

No comments: