.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Club Friday (1)

Happy Friday! I know I am happy this week is over, and I am thankful for the long week ahead.  I don't have much planed but there maybe a trip to an Apple Festival up in the mountains, a few late night swims in the pool with some drinks, a few projects getting worked on, some barbecue with my family and Ryan's (not to much I am still working on that whole "let's shed a few pounds and get healthy thing), and who knows what else. 

Anyways on this quite Friday night (my parents are on a date, I think my brother is at work, and Ryan is resting up before a 3 day Megan mania) I thought I would link up with Heather who's blog I just stumbled upon for "Book Club Friday". 

 
 
Basicly you read any book you want and link up on Friday to share about it.  I love to read but have been very very busy lazy when it comes to reading lately and thought this would be a great way to push myself to read again and also to find some other good books to read. 
 
So what book did I read?
 
UnEnchanted (An Unfortunate Fairy Tale, #1)
 
 
 
 
Description from Goodreads.com:
 
"Mina Grime is unlucky, unpopular and uncoordinated, that is until she saves her crush's life on a field trip, changing her High School status from loser to hero overnight. But with her newfound fame brings misfortune as an old family curse come to light. For Mina is descended from the Brothers Grimm and has inherited all of their unfinished fairy tale business. Which includes trying to outwit a powerful Story from making her its next fairytale victim.

To break the fairy tale curse on her family and stop these deadly events, Mina must finish the tales until the very Grimm end."
 
My thoughts:
 


This was a free book on the Kindle and I don't really know what to say. 

It was cute but really didn't have any depth.  There was a plot and it did have some love, some friendship, some action.  I think the main problem is that I am not in the right age group for this book. 

I liked it, it was a quick read, and I can't complain to much.

What are you reading? Any suggestions? I sadly have a Kindle full of free books thanks to Pixle Of Ink on Facebook.  They post at least 3 times a day with free books for the Kindle, some are amazing, some are ok, and some I just give up on. 

No comments: