.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Meaningful Monday....


So I am a little late but still wanted to get my Meaningful Monday in even if it is halfway through my Tuesday already so here it goes! 

Let me start with the fact that I was lucky enough to travel to Singapore this past weekend and have fallen in love with the weather, mix of cultures, food, shopping, sights, and the country as a whole.  I mean I am now thinking about dumping my once beloved South Korea to search out a job in Singapore.

Next I must say that the trip to Singapore opened my eyes to exactly how lazy I have been this winter with working out, eating right, and well better yet getting any sun at all!  I just worked on uploading photos from the trip and I have gotten majorly pasty, flabby, and well I need a hair cut or style soon!  I know, I know, I am a beautiful girl, but I don't want to be a "big" beautiful girl so it looks like it is time to kick up those gym workouts even if it kills my TV time or a few of my random blog post here and there.  I miss being healthy, and I miss having photos I am happy to look at later!

Thirdly, I am happy to say that the kindergarten is going on a filed trip tomorrow and well because there are only 8 kids and we have 4 teachers plus a man who seems to do nothing Ryan and I are not needed so we get the morning off!

Fourthly, I am a freak and have already caught up on all of our dirty laundry from the trip!  Sadly caught up just means all the clothes are washed, that does not mean I have put them away.  If you are my mother you know that I am not one to put my clean clothes away but instead find a nice piece of furniture to pile them all on. 

Next I am happy for once in my life that Korea seems to be the capital of cups of noddles, because after one week our fridge is still not fixed making it kind of hard to cook anything, due to the fact that I worry about leaving things out to long to thaw and I am a freak about putting left overs in the fridge and will not eat them other wise. 

I also have the fact that I am now only 2 months shy of being home for a few weeks to be thankful for.  Ryan and I are still looking for jobs and they are out there so we are just having to make some decisions.  I pray to God every day that we will find good jobs and that the kids will not be anything like they were this year, causing me to almost regret my choice to teach. 

I guess I better wrap this up and say that I am very thankful for the opportunities I get in life, even if I sometimes whine and complain about them. 

Oh and last I got some sun this weekend and no longer look like Casper the friendly ghost.

I hope everyone had a great Monday and is having a good Tuesday.  I should be blogging about Singapore this weekend and I will go ahead and warn you now it (maybe they, I might break them down into sights) will be long and jammed full of photos.  I wish some days I had taken a photography class in high school.

P.S. Did I mention that I am now in love with Singapore?  Ok just wanted to make sure everyone knew that!  Poor Ryan is now having to hear about it everyday.

No comments: