.

Thursday, December 16, 2010

9 Days Till Christmas!

Only 9 days till Ryan and I will be home with our families!

Day 17:

Last night Ryan and I watched "Santa Claus Is Comin' to Town" one of my favorite movies. Though now that I think about it just about all the old Christmas movies are my favorite; however I do not care for the new ones that much. 


I really am not sure why I love this movie so much but I am thinking it has something to do with the animation style and the music.  The names of the Kringle elves and the way they talk (It's a baby noes! It's a baby! What kind of baby? A baby baby!)  has always made me smile, the cute little lost penguin named Topper has always warmed my heart, and the fact that Sombertown is ruled by the grouchy Mayor Burgermeister Meisterburger who has outlawed toys always makes me sad that someone could be so grouchy.  Oh wait I also cannot forget the Winter Warlock with his icy heart who captured Kris and Topper with his magic trees and claims not to worry, "their bark is worse than their bite" (one of my favorite lines).  Kris helps melt the Winter Warlock's icy heart when he give him a toy choo-choo train as an act of kindness.

Ahh I could go on and on about why I love this movie; however I will wrap this up with a few pictures of my favorite parts of the movie if I can find them.





Sadly these are all I could find so instead of spending my whole day searching for photos for you to look at I think I will just suggest that you should watch the movie!

1 comment:

Chas said...

I remember seeing this movie before.
I think the burgermeister was German too! Or maybe I am thinking of another movie. I like the old Christmas movies too. All I can find to watch lately is whatever comes on ABC.com and lifetime movies..LOL!