.

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 Days Till Christmas!

Day 16:

As Friday gets closer and I start to think about what Christmas movie I want to watch this week I cannot help but remember all the great movies nights I had growing up with my family in my grandma's living room with everyone crammed on the couch and floor around the TV.  We would always do at least one movie night when we were visiting for Christmas or well whenever we were all up there.  Some how I can see why some people would think 4 people on one couch would be uncomfortable or sitting on the floor is just crazy when there are many other places in the house to sit but that was not the point. The point was for everyone to be together as a family and watch a family movie normally a cartoon or a new Disney release.  I think it was two years ago now that we all huddled together to watch Jeff Dunham and laugh till we cried.




I would give anything to have just a few more moments crammed on the couch with my grams and gramps or to have a few more nights laughing over movies together in that small living room that was filled with so much love and warmth.  I still smile every time I think of that house and the people who made it so special growing up.

No comments: