.

Friday, May 18, 2012

Chili Con Corpses

So I finally finished a book! Really I have not completed a book in months, sure I have started some but as far as finishing goes....yea has not happened.  So think what you want but I am going to take a moment and pat myself on the back......

That might of been a little easier if my arms were longer....I wonder if God did that so that we couldn't really ever pat ourselves on the back....

Anyways I am not going to drag this post out so here we go:


Chili Con Corpses (The Supper Club Mysteries)

Ok so when it came to this book I liked it when I started it, and that may have been a few months ago I won’t lie.  Even from the start thought I had a hard time keeping who was who straight.  There were a lot of characters and some had bigger parts then others but it seemed they all just kind of kept popping up once I forgot about them. 

Over all I liked the plot until it kind of took a crazy turn at the end and well then I had a hard time putting it all together in the way the author had.   Sure it made sense, it was explained, it was right there plain as day on my Kindle telling me who did it….I just didn’t like it.  It was kind of like all the sudden it was time for the book to end so it was all wrapped up. 

I also felt like there were too many story lines going on at some points.  Like who was dating who but who was still in love with who and who was the crazy lady with the cat that was friends with the dead girl? And oh hey don't forget about the dead girls boyfriend and then there is the dead girl's twin sisters boyfriend who she is now marring that we never even knew about...or did we and I just forgot?

It was a good free read and I might check out some of the other books by this author now that I understand how the flow the books go.  Key word there MIGHT.....I really would have to be at a place where I can pay more attention then I apparently did with this book.

What are you reading?

Happy Friday!  I don't know about you but I am so happy this week is finally over!

No comments: