.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

New Year's 2011

Where did 2011 go? I sear it just felt like yesterday that I was sitting here typing a list for 2011 before heading off to Korea.  There are so many things I am thankful for in 2011, then there are also those things I want to forget from the year, and well as I look forward to 2012 there are so many things I hope happen, things I cannot wait to do, and another year I cannot wait to live!

So I have never been big on making New Year's Resolutions but I made a list last year and so I figured why not make on this year. 

So here are my 12 Resolutions For 2012:
  1. Read! 36 books of any kind I like.  At least 1 book a month that is nonfiction about something I would like to learn about, be it about travel, crafting, a person, or just to learn some of that stuff I probably should of learned in college.
  2. Have at least 2 successful camping trips and get outside more!  Travel more over all and take advantage of the mountains I live right at the foot hills of.
  3. Get into a workout routine and keep it.  Notice I didn't say get in shape or lose weight because I want this to be something that I work into my life and keep there.  I have lost weight before or gotten in shape only to be happy with my results and start getting slack.  Someone one time said that fitness was not a destination but a journey and well I really like that. 
  4. Find a job that: A) Allows me to move out and be independent B) I like C) Can help me build towards a long term career.
  5. Blog at least once a week.  I was on blogging FIRE in November and I loved it, in December there was a lot I wanted to blog about but didn't have time, and now I am just in blogging sleep mood I guess and have yet to snap back into it.
  6. To take my vitamins every day to use lotions and take better care of my skin.
  7. To not be so lazy when it comes to my appearance.  I can look cute when I want to but if I am not in the mood I am just not even bothering and the jeans and t-shirts come out.  It really isn't that hard to put on make up and something other than a t-shirt. 
  8. Keep my life a little more organized on a day to day bases so that once a week...er maybe month I am not scrabbling to re organize and get my shit together.  I can probably add to this one work on finishing some of the many craft projects, and scrap books I have already started.
  9. Play more board games!  This might sound crazy to you but I had a great childhood and board games take me back to it!
  10. Go visit Chris in Germany!
  11. Start a Bucket List!  It seems like almost everyone has one, how can I be so behind on this?
  12. Take tons to photos, make tons of memories, and make sure to document them in some way shape or form so when I am old and gray I can look back and enjoy the story that is (or is it was?) my life.
That might seem like a lot but really it is just stuff I have been saying I am going to do for weeks/months/years now so why not just do it. I think I am going to print out this list and stop once a month or so to look at it and see just how I am doing.  I won't lie I always get overly ambitious on my list but better to aim to high than to not aim for anything at all!

And the same resolutions I try to keep from month to month:
  • As always enjoy life, make sure everyone in my life knows how much they mean to me, smile more, and make lots of amazing memories with those I love!
  • Love my family and take in a much time with them as I can before life takes me off on another adventure!
What are your resolutions this year?

    No comments: