.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge Day Movies & TV Speicals

Happy December 1st! I am officially streaming Christmas music!  I really need to get on this whole Christmas thing this year! Last year I did a 25 Day of Christmas blogs count down because I just couldn't wait to be home and spend it with my family, but this year I am home and I think that has made me slack on the whole Christmas things....well that and I think it is going to hit 60 today.  Really I have a hard time getting into to the Christmas mood when it is warm outside but I am going to try to dig out some of the stuff I use to decorate my room, and rap some gifts today.  I really do love just about everything Christmas, well minus the whole spending a ton of money of gifts, I love to give gifts but I am more about the thought than the price tag. Anyways moving on to todays Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge!
 
Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge

Today's topic is: Favorite Holiday Movies/TV specials


 
This list could be long, I love just about all Christmas Movies/TV specials.  I just can't get enough of them and will watch them all...maybe even more than once sometimes.
 
So far this year I have watched:
 
  • Elf
  • Four Christmases
  • Santa Buddies
  • The Search for Santa Paws
  • The Night Before Christmas (Hallmark)
  • The Santa Clause
  • Lifetimes Dear Santa
  • Scrooged


 Both Santa Buddies were cute, Dear Santa might get put on my list of things to watch again, and I am pretty sure that The Santa Clause is getting watched again tonight because Ryan has never seen it...I know I was shocked too! I saw Scrooged (with Bill Murray) for the first time ever with Ryan the other night and it was odd but funny. 

 
Some that I am hoping to catch this year and some of my all time favorites are:
Charley Brown's Christmas

I could watch this movie any time of the year. Ask Ryan I made him watch it a lot last year when I was home sick.
Rudolph The Island of Misfit Toys
If I could only watch one movie this year, I would have to say this would be it!

Santa Claus is coming to town
 I love the penguin in this movie


Miracle On 34th Street

Saw this all the way through for the first time last year and fell in love with it. 
Sound of Music
Badder Santa (one of Ryan's favorites)
The Muppet Christmas Carol
I am so happy they are back with a new movie!


A Christmas Story
Home Alone (1 & 2)
How The Grinch Stole Christmas (both but the cartoon is really the best)


It's a Wonderful Life
Jingle All The Way
T'was The Night Before Christmas (the one with the mice and the broken clock)
Shrek the Halls
The Year Without a Santa Claus
Elf


The Santa Claus (pretty much all of them but the first one is still the best)
As a kid this movie was the best thing ever, as I grow up it still just may be one of the best things ever.


Really when it comes to Christmas movies I love the older ones, with the puppets, the old cartoons and clay figures.  Newer ones that they are coming out with these days just don't hold the same excitement for me as the old ones.  I could watch the older ones over and over and fall in love every time. 

What are you watching this year?



 

 

 

4 comments:

Victoria said...

great picks! i love the santa clause and miracle too :)

Anonymous said...

It's funny, I've never seen the Santa Clause but Scrooged is one of my favorites. And I finally saw 4 Christmases a few weeks ago. :)

Unknown said...

Love them all!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I love your picks.

I also love Elf. And The Santa Clause. I love a lot of holiday films.