.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Hey It's Okay

Happy Tuesday! So happy to see we all made it through Monday!
 
Photo: Special orders don't upset us.
 
Hey It's Okay:
 
That its not even 8:30 and I am ready for bed.
 
To be a little offended that so many people at work were shocked to see my fingers nails painted....umm my toes are always almost painted.....what are you all implying? 
 
To doubt that finger nail paint will make it more than 2 or 3 days, I don't paint them because then I just always peal it off.
 
To be so very ready for the long weekend coming up.
 
To just want to congratulate Miley Cyrus on being  the talk of the VMA's. I didn't watch them because I really could careless but after all the fuss Monday at work I did pull up her performance.  So yes her outfit was ugly, yes her dance movies were questionably tacky, yes the foam finger was very strange, and the whole tongue thing she was doing was just ummm different;  but congrats everyone is talking about you. 
 
To also agree with everyone out there who is saying that people shouldn't let their kids have roll models to the extent that their child thinks, "Well Miley danced on a giant robot bear so I can too." Everyone is human, no one is perfect and when we let kids put so much into singers, actors, athletes it sets the "roll model" up to fail.  Sure pick things out you admire about someone but don't put them on a pedestal.
 
To have been super excited about the shrimp concoction I was making for dinner, only to build it up too much and then be a little sad.  It was good, really good just not what I made it out to be in my head.....which was like something you would get in a sea food restaurant that had raving reviews and 5 stars.
 
To want to wish my Mom a Happy Birthday today! To also know I missed my dad's birthday back in July so Happy Late Birthday dad! Maybe one of these days I will finish a few of the post I have started and talk about how great they both are!
 
How was your Tuesday? Head over to link up with Amber and share what's okay with you today.
 


2 comments:

AiringMyLaundry said...

Happy Birthday to your mom!!

Yeah, I'm sure Miley is loving all the attention.

Renegades said...

I figured the reason that Miley performed that terrible performance was for the publicity.