.

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Sword Fights, Madagascar, & Apples To Apples Oh My!

Sorry I might of been watching the wizard of oz the other night before bed and that always makes me want to put things into groups of 3's and sing the song from the scary forest scene.  Anyways sorry I am rambling from the get go that is never a good sign.

Ok well seeing as how this is the second post of the day I will keep it short and sweet.  It has been in my drafts for the past two days and I just wanted to start it and find a way to end it and get it out.

The afternoon started with a little bit of sword fighting:

*Don't worry Ryan did not hit the kids, and no one got hurt.....well I think Ryan got hit a few times and I think Travis might of gotten a splinter.




Then we got everyone cleaned up and headed to the food court for dinner (because the kids can never agree on what they want to eat).  On the way there they found a lot of fun things to play with in the back of the car, you know like 5 pens (3 silent clicks and 2 loud clicks), 3 paper clips, and 11 cents.  They spent most of the 15 minute ride trying to barter with each other. 

Once at the mall they both decided they wanted Chick-Fil-A.  So they ordered a kids nugget, skipped on the fries and turned their toys back in for some ice cream.  It took them about 45 minutes to eat, no joke sadly poor Travis didn't get to finish his ice cream because we ran out of time and it had melted all over the place.

So after some dinner, and people watching (always such a joy at our mall) we headed over to the movies.  We parked by a bush at the theater and the kids wanted to play "find the spider that goes to the web" when we got out.  After a few minutes of searching and no luck Ryan and I had to pull them away so we didn't miss the movie. 

The kids are always great, quite(ish) and polite and were even better during the movie.  I really don't know how people let their kids go to the movie and talk/scream/or get up 1000 times.  I mean you just paid 10.50 for that kid to see the movie and 14.50 for you to see it....I don't know about you but that is enough to make me want to enjoy the movie. 

Image from Google.


Madagastcar 3 was cute, I laughed and I even may of shed a tear.  The movie was very 3D at some points and was right on track with all the other movies.  Afterwards I was a little confused, I didn't quite know what to expect from the movie so I wasn't sure if I loved it or was let down.  One of the best things about this movie is not only is it funny to kids but also to adults and for totally different reasons!

After the movie we headed back to the house for a rousing game of Apples To Apples.  Until Saturday night I had never played the game and well the kids might of been a little young for the game.  Ryan and I spent a lot of time explaining the words to the kids, and then we would play cards that were dead on with the word and they would play words that you couldn't connect a line between if the dots were right next to each other.  So yea that was a long 2 hours of head scratching but fun.


Apples To Apples and some sugary food and drinks before bed.
And then it was 11 and the kids were getting a little crabby so rather than letting them pick a movie and fall asleep downstairs in front of the TV on the floor I talked them to going upstairs to get cozy and the couches up there and watch a movie, they picked old Poppy reruns because they said he was boring and would put them to sleep.

And that was that.  I always love when I get to spend time with these sweet kids, they have never given me any trouble and are always happy to see me and tell me all about everything going on in their lives!

Happy Tuesday! I hope everyone had a great one today!


No comments: