.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Summer Blowout Weight Loss Challenge Week 6

 
Yesterday was the last day of the Summer Blowout Weight Loss Challenge and I some how forgot it was even Wednesday.  Opps
 
 
Summer Blowout Weight Loss Challenge www.shrinkingjeans.net
 
So how did I do?
Up .2 for the week
Down 5.2 for the 6 week challenge.
 
Was that what I wanted?
Ennnn I was hoping for more of like 9 or 10 pounds, but then again I know weight loss is all about what you put into it.  I was out for a week with a stomach bug, I enjoyed a few last night drinks on the boat, over at my parents, down in Charleston, and you know what??
 
Booze has calories!
 
Yes I always knew this but dang if I didn't know how many!
 
The past 6 weeks went by so fast! There were so many more workouts on my to-do list than I did.  Looking back now at how much I did lose makes me wonder how much I could of lost if I had just gotten my butt in gear.  Sure there were days I was just lazy, didn't want to have to take a 2nd shower, wanted an extra hour of sleep, so on and so forth.  So I learned if I don't do the workout now when will I? I mean tomorrow comes and goes and then well you are a whole day older, and a whole day behind where you could of been.
 
Some of my goals:
 
1. To reach 140 by my 26th birthday, November 11th.  In order to do that I need to lose 1.5-2 pounds a week.  I know it can be done, but sadly I can't do it just walking 2 or 3 days a week, and doing the C25K other days.  I like food, I like my booze I need to burn off more calories than just a walk.
 
2. To run the Turkey Trot with my dad and brother on Thanksgiving.  I think it is 5 miles and well I learning back in high school with soccer that if you can run 3 miles you can push through 5.  I have been doing the C25K training program for a few months and just really taking it easy.  I need to really start to push myself other wise I will never finish the program and I will be saying "No, you guys go ahead I'll run with you next year" like I have said for the past 2 years.
 
3. To get some upper body strength! I have always hatted strength training, but now I just have the odd craving to add it to my current weekly plain.
 
And that is that. Now off to the wonderful land of cubical madness!
 
 

No comments: