.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

NY's Goals/Resolutions Update 2

Hello accountability buddies! Don't act surprise I told you a few weeks ago that you were now my new accountability buddies! Don't remember?  Humm well you can see for yourself here.  Anyways moving on.

I am shocked that the month of January is gone, but not only that but that it is February 1st 2012, that I am 24 and that well life still is not quite on the path I want yet but maybe getting closer, and that well I still have some work to do on my 2012 goals.  So where as I am excited that I have been sticking with some, there are others I still need to start/work on. 

Here is what I have accomplished the past 2-2.5 weeks. 


Goal: Get into a workout routine and keep it.

The past 2 weeks I have done a good job of going to the gym on a regular bases and I think I may of even done better than the first 2 weeks. I am trying to run more, going for longer, and I even did weights one day! Woot Woot! Sadly thought I am eating better (most days) and working out yet I feel like I am not losing any weight. This drives me nuts!  However at the same time I feel better, I still love my naps and lazy time but at the same time I am also kind of like "hey lets get this shit done" and I am thinking more about what I put in my body.  I have to remind myself that I didn't just put on all the weight and get out of shape in a month that I can't just turn it all around in a month.  So where as my progress maybe slow it is ahead of where I was a month ago!


Pulse today which is not on the calender:
Jan 30th- Elliptical 45 min, cool down 5 min (5 miles)
And to round out the month lets add in the 31st- 7 plus mile hike.

Goal: Read! 36 books of any kind I like. At least 1 book a month that is nonfiction about something I would like to learn about, be it about travel, crafting, a person, or just to learn some of that stuff I probably should of learned in college.


I am still not doing GREAT or maybe even what some would say is GOOD on this one but I did almost finish a book!  I have been reading "Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons" and it is great and I will share my thoughts with you later this week when I finally wrap it all up.  Sadly though I have still yet to read anything educational or non-fiction but I do have a few things in mind. 
Goal: To not be so lazy when it comes to my appearance.

This one I have still been working on but sadly I didn't always think to stop and snap a photo everyday the past two weeks.

Jan 18th shopping with mom then work. Jan 20th Beauty and The Beast double date with Mom, Dad, and Ryan. Jan 21st lazy night at home.  Jan 22nd Church.  
Jan 23rd Interview at a Staffing Agency. Jan 24th cooking date with Ryan.  Jan 26th dinner with an old friend who was in town for a few days.  Jan 27th we can now wear pink to work for Valentine's Day!
And to just go ahead and round out the month in outfits, or well the few photos I have:

Jan 28th Camp Fire with the family.  Jan 29th Work.
 Goal: Take tons to photos, make tons of memories, and make sure to document them in some way shape or form.

Later this week I hope to dump a few photos from my phone for a "January In Photos" or well the few photos I took this month.  This goal along with taking my vitamins, play more board games, and others still need a lot of work!  Anyways I like to look at the good and the bad and see what I can do differently so it's a new start to the month and a new chance to work on things.

Are you keeping up with your New Year's goals/resolutions?

1 comment:

Steph said...

That's great! It takes time but it will be worth it.

I didn't make any resolutions so I haven't had a problem keeping them. ;)