.

Friday, January 6, 2012

NaBloPoMo January

Because I am trying to get back in to blogging, and finding it somewhat hard I thought I would take part in Blogher's NaBloPoMo.  So this weeks questions are:

Monday, January 2, 2012
What did you do on New Years Day?

On New Year's I wouldn't say that I did anything too special. I spent the day with my family watching football, working on some photo albums, and eating some amazing ribs.  Later in the night we stopped by Ryan's parents to see his family, and then spent some time with his grandmother.  You can see a few of the photos from the day here.

Tuesday, January 3, 201l
What is your favourite start-of-the-year tradition?

I really don't know if I have any start-of-the-year traditions.  We don't do the whole southern thing of eating collard greens.  Last year Ryan and I were back in Korea sleeping trying to beet jet lag before having to head back to school.  Year's before well, New Year's Dad was just another day.  One thing that I did like this year was that we all went around the table at dinner and we all shared a goal/resolution of ours for the new year. 

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Are you superstitious about beginnings? Anything you do to start out on the right foot?

I don't really think I am too superstitious about many things, but I know for sure I am not superstitious about beginnings.  I love beginnings, because who doesn't like a new clean white piece of paper?  From a new beginning there are so many places to go, some many ways to grow, and just things to do!  At the same time I like beginnings because it also marks an end.  At the end you always need to look back and see where you were, where you are now, and just what you have overcome. 
Thursday, January 5, 2012

What is the hardest part about a beginning?

I think for me the hardest part about a beginning sometimes is just getting started.  Sometimes I worry that I am going to mess up, or that it is just not going to work out or be like what I thought it was going to be.  My favorite song about beginning is the one that the Winter Warlock sings in the Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town about "Put one foot in front of the other and soon you'll be walking through the door" and yea moving on. 

Friday, January 6, 2012

Do you wish the start of the year was in a different season? Which one?

I think that winter is the perfect time for the start of the year.  I know people are still busy in the winter but somehow they just seem to be a little less busy than what they are though tout the rest of the year. A lot of people set goals/resolutions and winter seems to just give them some extra fee time to work on them. 

Ok and that is this weeks worth of questions for NaBloPoMo.  What are your thoughts on these questions? 

Hope everyone had a great week and enjoys their weekend!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading your weekly post for BlogHer

AiringMyLaundry said...

We really didn't do anything special either.