.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Wow It's Really 2011?

I hope everyone had a great Christmas and a very Happy New Years!  Mine was extremely great as I got to enjoy time with my family and even see a few friends.  I hope to get pictures and blogs updated soon once I am back on Korea time and caught up on life again. 

I have never been big on "New Years Resolutions" in the past always looking at my life and thinking that I am too busy, or that my life is fine, or that changing something is hard and I just don't want to put in the work, and blah blah blah blah.  Well this year I have decided to join in on the "New Years Resolutions" bandwagon and spent some time (which I had not shortage of) on my long flight back home thinking of a few things I want to accomplish or change this year. 

  1. Branch out and learn to cook new and different things; I have seemed to have gotten stuck in a chili, beef stew, taco, and fajita rut.   I need to stop using my lack of kitchen space, spices, and oven as an excuse and instead embrace the small kitchen space I have with the limited spices I have.
  2. Get back into a work out routine, maybe not everyday but a few days a week.  I use to be in great shape and always hated my workouts however afterwards I was always in a great mood and felt amazing. 
  3. Read one book a week two books a month.  I got an Amazon Kindle from my amazing parents who also love to read and I can barely put it down. 
  4. Read one business book or educational book at month. I use to love my business classes and want to stay current on what is going on in the field.  I also want to learn more about life, hobbies, other countries, and history.  Just because I'm not a student anymore doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't continue to learn. 
  5. Work on my new soon to be new hobby with mom via email and web chat so we have just one more thing to share and bond about as friends and mother and daughter!  I hope to blog about this new hobby soon to fill you all in on it!
  6. Take more pictures!  I know this one seems crazy however I wont be in Korea for ever and I take some of the sights I see and experiences I get to take part in for granted and I want to be able to share them not only from my memories but also from pictures.  As they say a picture can say a thousands word. 
  7. Travel more and take in what I can while I can. 
  8. Work on staying onto of my school work, and things around the house so I am not wasting my weekends catching up.  Work on trying to make my lesson plans more interactive and challenging for the students.   
  9. Improve me Korean at least when it comes to understanding what people are saying for now.
  10. Work on my blogs more and keep them up to date and blogging about things sooner rather than later.
  11. And maybe the best one of them all:
    Be happy and worry less!  Try to not let others bring me down and to kill people with kindness! 
Wow that feels like a lot of them however I thought it would be cute to up with 11 so I could have 11 for the year of 2011.  Overall I am pretty happy with that list. I hope that by blogging about this it will help hold me accountable.  So far I have to say I am doing pretty good with a few of these and hope to get to the rest of them soon!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan,
Welcome back! I hope you had a great trip and had a good time with your parents and Chris and your friends. Thank you for the gifts. That was very nice. I love the card with the Korean dress. I think your resolutions are great ideas for everyone. Good luck this year and Happy New Year to you and Ryan. I lookl forward to your continuing blog. Julie

Chas said...

I normally don't make resolutions either but its funny that you said at the end worry less. Because the first thing I said about the new year was that I was going to love life even more and complain less. I really like your number 1 because I too complain about my kitchen instead of embracing what we have and learning to deal with it. I hope 2011 is filled with more love and blessings for you and Ryan. Love Chas