I have never been big on "New Years Resolutions" in the past always looking at my life and thinking that I am too busy, or that my life is fine, or that changing something is hard and I just don't want to put in the work, and blah blah blah blah. Well this year I have decided to join in on the "New Years Resolutions" bandwagon and spent some time (which I had not shortage of) on my long flight back home thinking of a few things I want to accomplish or change this year.
- Branch out and learn to cook new and different things; I have seemed to have gotten stuck in a chili, beef stew, taco, and fajita rut. I need to stop using my lack of kitchen space, spices, and oven as an excuse and instead embrace the small kitchen space I have with the limited spices I have.
- Get back into a work out routine, maybe not everyday but a few days a week. I use to be in great shape and always hated my workouts however afterwards I was always in a great mood and felt amazing.
one book a weektwo books a month. I got an Amazon Kindle from my amazing parents who also love to read and I can barely put it down.
- Read one business book or educational book at month. I use to love my business classes and want to stay current on what is going on in the field. I also want to learn more about life, hobbies, other countries, and history. Just because I'm not a student anymore doesn't mean I can't or shouldn't continue to learn.
- Work on my
newsoon to be new hobby with mom via email and web chat so we have just one more thing to share and bond about as friends and mother and daughter! I hope to blog about this new hobby soon to fill you all in on it!
- Take more pictures! I know this one seems crazy however I wont be in Korea for ever and I take some of the sights I see and experiences I get to take part in for granted and I want to be able to share them not only from my memories but also from pictures. As they say a picture can say a thousands word.
- Travel more and take in what I can while I can.
- Work on staying onto of my school work, and things around the house so I am not wasting my weekends catching up. Work on trying to make my lesson plans more interactive and challenging for the students.
- Improve me Korean at least when it comes to understanding what people are saying for now.
- Work on my blogs more and keep them up to date and blogging about things sooner rather than later.
- And maybe the best one of them all:
Be happy and worry less! Try to not let others bring me down and to kill people with kindness!