.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sloppy Tacos

This past Friday I decided to make use of my tomato paste that has been sitting in my fridge and try my hand at Sloppy Joe's; however, I don't have half the things you need for Sloppy Joe's including hamburger buns or well any bread for that matter.  So what I instead I made Sloppy Tacos and I must say they were rather impressive.

So how do you make Sloppy Tacos?  Well for starters I took 4 onions, 4 green peppers, 2 red peppers, and some spicy green peppers and chop them up in my Korean "Slap Chop".  Then I took 3 hamburger patties and browned them, then added onions and peppers along with some taco seasoning, the tomato paste, garlic, chili powder, salt, pepper, some water, and oh I can't forget the kidney beans.  Then I brought it to a simmer and left it to well simmer. 

We then filled tortilla shells with cheese, Mexican rice (white rice boiled in beef broth, with chili powder, garlic, some spicy red pepper flake, and some other random stuff I forgot) and then the Sloppy Taco mix.  It was quite delicious and I sadly don't know if I can make it quite the same ever again.

1 comment:

Chas said...

That looks REALLY good! Even though I don't like onions - it looks good! You are becoming a chef! It seems like you can throw all sorts of things together and it looks amazing!