.

Monday, June 3, 2013

We Went On A Western Caribbean Cruise (Part 1)

Sadly a month ago!

Anyways better late then never right?

Day 1 (Time To Head Out!)

We stayed at a hotel close to the port (Port Canaveral) so we wouldn't have to worry about making it to the ship on time.  We caught an early breakfast, watched some TV, headed down to Coco Beach to pick up some last minute things at the Walgreens and then had a late lunch at a small Cuban restaurant....and still had time left over! We couldn't board our ship (the Carnival Dream) until 1:00 because the coast guard was on the ship doing and inspection. 

Our shuttle from the hotel got us to the port about 2:30 and we had a simple time boarding.  Once on we found our room and just chilled till it was time for the "if hell breaks lose and you have to get off this ship" drill.  I never like those they always make me wonder about all the things that could happen and how I am sure I would some how screw up and get lost and miss my life boat.....

Anyways the rest of the day was pretty laid back, we went to dinner and then back to the room for a few drinks before heading out to walk around a the deck.  We played some chess (the classy yard size chess) and I lost....but sadly I don't really know how to play so Ryan was trying his best to teach me all while letting me win.  We got excited when we saw that the hot tubs on that side of the boat were empty so we went back, got another drink and headed out for a relaxing dip....or so we thought all of the hot tubs on that side of the ship were freezing and I mean like FREEZING! So instead we ended up playing a fun game of putt-putt! I don't know who one I think there was another drink involved at this point. 

Day 2 (Day At Sea)

Wow I already forgot....must of been a fun one!

Day 3 (Cozumel, Mexico)

6 hours of deep sea fishing! Ryan chartered a deep sea fishing boat for just the two of us, the weather was amazing, the water was blue, the beer was cold, the food was good and the fish were not biteing....at all.   Oh but I did see a dolphin!















And the rest of the day I slept because I wont lie that whole deep sea fishing thing will take it out of you!

Ok and for now that is that I need to head off to work! Happy Monday!

No comments: