.

Monday, October 7, 2013

This Weekend I.....

And it's already Monday again....breath in, breath out......oh I am so not ready for this yet! Can I go back to yesterday morning? Anyways I have some things I want to take care of before work so here we ok:
This weekend I......
Friday:
Wrapped up the week with some Thai takeout and the Great Gatsby. I have always loved the Great Gatsby and I didn't think it was bad, but I didn't quite love it either.  It was just not what I thought it would be.  I mean there was rap music in a movie about the 20s.  The Thai food on the other hand has been long missed!
Saturday:
Headed to the farmers market with mom to pick up a few things for upcoming meals this week.  Mom talked me in to a spaghetti squash and I am so excited to try to make a meal that my mom always makes in the fall.
Mom came up to the apartment to chat for a bit and play with Mr. Kitty before heading home.
Ryan and I stopped by my parents house to check out a wood pile Ryan will be splitting to see if he wanted to do it by hand or by machine.  He opted by hand and went ahead and started on it for a bit. Y'all I don't think I would make it as a lumber jack but I am so excited to have more fire wood for when/if things ever cool off around here.
We then headed over to his grandmothers to take her lunch and just chat.  I always love seeing his grandmother and just getting the chance to sit around and talk with her. The way she looks at Ryan with such pride just makes me smile and hearing her thoughts on the world today.
After a few hours at his grandmothers we headed back to my parents so Ryan could chop some more wood and I could enjoy some fresh air on the back deck.  It was in the high 80's and the sun felt so good.
We then headed up to Lake Lure for a dinner date and to watch the sun go down.
Sunday:
Woke up to find that Mr. Kitty is an evil mastermind and has hidden the little thing that holds the Kcups.  So no coffee, making for a lazier morning than I wanted to have.  I have looked everywhere for that thing and cannot find it.....really cat? Out of all the things to hide?
Did some cleaning and a little (VERY little, no where near what I wanted/needed to do) packing.
Ryan about died laughing when I got stuck in our apartment storage space. It is a loft space about 8 feet off the ground and there is really nothing to grab on to and pull yourself in.  So the later was almost high enough but not really.  Once we got me in and I handed the boxes out to him getting down was....ummm....fun.  With nothing to hold on to you kind of just have to lay facedown and back out and then pivot when you find the later.  Yea this doesn't work to well when you are laughing so hard you can't see and then you get dust in your mouth and nose so you start coughing.
Goofed off for a bit, did a sneak water attack on Ryan after he tickle attacked me.
Headed to Costco for lunch and to pick up a few things.
Stopped in to see Ryan's parents.
Headed in for a nice, long nap.
Cooked a batch of chili, and some taco meat for some meals later this week.
Had a lazy night watching some HGTV, doing wash and dishes. 
So yea that was the weekend, it was really so much more fun than it sounds!
How was your weekend?
I can't get blogger to load the buttons right so I'll make it simple. Today I'm linking up with:

Syndal and  Sar 

No comments: