.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Motivation Monday (1)

 So I don't know about you but when it comes to Mondays I am always dragging, always procrastinating, always saying I will do it tomorrow.  I mean lets all be real here, who loves Mondays? Ok don't answer that because I am sure there are people out there who do, and I am sure they have good reason to.  Me however I don't hate them, I just always get off to a slow start. 

Anyways to me Monday is always a clean start, a chance to do what I didn't do the week before, sadly most of the time I find myself saying "I'll start Monday".  So I want to try to think of a way to motivate myself to do what I am always saying I am going to do, and to set weekly goals for myself to help reach my long term goals, or just help me form better habits (like putting up my clean laundry not just shoving it in a basket in the corner and digging out outfits as the week goes on).

Next week work is starting up a Biggest Loser again and last time I had a good bit of success because I am extremely competitive; however after only half of the set time everything was shut down because people just stopped weighting in, people started to gain and just stopped playing.  Sadly between moving, the holidays and just the fun of competition being gone I gained most of the weight back.  For years I have said I am going to get back into the shape I use to be in when I played soccer....each year I get older, this goal gets harder, and it hurts more....so I give up easier.  This round of the Biggest Loser is set to be 20 weeks long, regardless if people drop out or not.  They have stricter goals: we have to keep food and activity journals, we have to do your weigh in with the person in charge of the event, everyone will use the same scale, and blah blah blah.  The only thing I am really excited about is the 20 weeks.  I think I once read it take 4 weeks to form a habit, so after 20 weeks of working out and eating healthy hopeful I will be back in to the habits I use to have.  Ok anyways I got off topic of this little post here.

This weeks motivation for working out is:



I love my sleep, and I am such a sucker for just one more hour of sleep.  So this week I am going to see if I can just tell myself this and start the day off with some sort of activity. 

My goals for this week are:

4 morning workouts (walk/yoga/aerobics)
6 afternoon / night workouts (walk/run)

At least 30 minutes.

 My goal for this week outside of working out is to put all the laundry I have been putting off where it belongs and to meal plan for the next 2 weeks.

Do you set weekly goals for yourself? Do you have any tips on keeping goals, forming habits?

No comments: